My Guide Website?
- See the sights of Christchurch by antique tram
- Ride the Christchurch Gondola cable car
- Use your combo ticket to take walks on Mount Cavendish or visit the Botanic Gardens
DescriptionClimb aboard the Christchurch Gondola cable car and enjoy spectacular 360-degree views across the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps as you glide across the slopes of Mount Cavendish in the Port Hills. See as far as the city and harbor as you ride up to the summit 445 meters above sea level. Make use of the facilities at the top, such as the Discovery ride, a dramatic reconstruction of the history of the region. Revive your spirits at the Red Rock Café before or after going for a walk or bike ride along the many nature trails. Take a unique sightseeing tour of the inner city aboard an antique tram as the driver provides a live and entertaining commentary. A full circuit takes 50 minutes and includes 18 stops, where you can hop on and off as often as you wish. Visit Riverside Market, Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Cathedral Junction, Canterbury Museum, and much more.
IncludesFull-day hop-on-and-off tram ticket Live commentary Roundtrip ticket for the Christchurch Gondola Access to the Discovery Ride, Gift Shop, and Cafe at the summit
- The Gondola is located 15 minutes from the city center or a 10-minute drive from Port Lyttelton
- Trams run every 15 minutes and there are up to 4 operational trams
- You can arrive at either attraction anytime between the opening hours
- The tram does not transport you to the Gondola. Take public bus #28 from the city bus interchange to and from the city center