My Guide Website?
- Ride the grade 2 rapids of the Waiau River on a rafting adventure
- Marvel at the rock formations and crystal clear waters of the river
- See salmon and trout swim by
- Return to base by jet boat
- Enjoy a day of adventure activities for the entire family
DescriptionExperience the grade 2 rapids of the Waiau River on a 2-hour rafting experience in Hanmer Springs. Make your own way to the rafting base on the main road into Hanmer Springs and overlooking the river and Waiau Ferry Bridge. Located approximately 90 minutes from Christchurch, the mountain town is a Mecca for fans of adventure activities, such as bungy jumps, quad bike safaris, and much more. Upon arrival, get a safety briefing from a fully-qualified rafting guide, and marvel at the surrounding rock formations, fault lines, and crystal-clear waters of the river. The water is so clear that you can often see trout or salmon swimming by. Navigate the grade 2 rapids for a soft rafting adventure that is perfect for families. Return to the base by jet boat and enjoy the surrounding mountains and forests from another perspective.
IncludesOne white water rafting trip Return transfer to base by jet boat
- You must be able to fit into the safety equipment in order to participate
- Please provide at least 24 hours advance notice of any cancellation. If no notification is provided, a 25% cancellation fee will be charged. If you fail to turn up on the day of the jump, without notification, you will be charged in full