My Guide Website?
Christchurch Gondola and Punt on the Avon River21 Reviews
Jump on a classic Edwardian Punt along the Avon River for 30 minutes to see Christchurch. Then, enjoy spectacular views of snow-capped mountains and Alpine scenery aboard the Christchurch Gondola.
- Enjoy 360-degree views of Christchurch from the Christchurch Gondola cable car
- Climb aboard an Edwardian flat-bottomed boat for a punt down the Avon River
- Travel through beautiful Hagley Park or Christchurch city center
DescriptionSee Christchurch from a different perspective with a combined Punt along the Avon River aboard a classic flat-bottomed boat, and a ticket for the Christchurch Gondola cable car. Travel with a guide dressed in Edwardian costume, who will provide a live commentary as they punt you along the river. Blankets, umbrellas, and hot water bottles are provided on cold days, so don't let the weather put you off. Take a ride on the Christchurch Gondola cable car, and see the beautiful Alpine scenery surrounding Christchurch city center and its suburbs. Explore the history of the region in the unique Discovery ride, and pause for reflection at the Red Rock Café. Marvel at the Southern Alps to the west, and the Kaikoura Mountains to the north. To the south lies the beautiful harbor of Christchurch, and to the east is the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy 360-degree views of the plains, mountains, city, and harbor from the glass-enclosed cabin. Purchase souvenirs in the 'Shop at the Top' once you reach the summit, or go to the Red Rock Café for some refreshments. If you are feeling more energetic, take one of the many walking trails, such as the hike to Crater Rim, formed by the volcanic activity that created Port Hills. Travel back in time at the unique Discovery Ride, and learn about the development of the region.
IncludesTicket for the Christchurch Gondola Discovery ride Punter and guide Live commentary Blankets & Hot water bottles on cold days
- Please note that all rides are shared with other people unless a private Punt is requested in advance
- Please bring a warm coat. The Christchurch Gondola is 500 meters above sea level and it can be cold and windy at the summit • A public bus service is available between Christchurch city center and the Christchurch Gondola for an additional fee
- You must prebook a time slot for your punt ride via the number shown on your voucher