My Guide Website?
Christchurch: Guided Crater Rim Walk in Banks Peninsula5 Reviews
Enjoy a full-day guided walk around a spectacular extinct volcano. Marvel at world-class views over oceans and mountains, and unique walking experiences with an amazing local guide. Picnic included.
- Walk the Crater Rim Track surrounding the caldera of the ancient volcano
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch at a picturesque location
- Learn about the history of the area from your experienced local guide
- Visit many historical sites along the way
- One of Christchurch's top shore excurtions
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day guided walk on Banks Peninsula, an amazing outdoor playground for everybody visiting Christchurch. No more than a 30-minute ride from Christchurch city, enjoy an exhilarating walk around the Crater Rim Track surrounding the caldera of the ancient volcano. Marvel at the amazing views of the rugged Pacific coastline stretching across Pegasus Bay to the often snow-covered Southern Alps as well as the picturesque Lyttelton harbor and wide expanses of the Pacific Ocean. The walk provides the opportunity to see and experience New Zealand at its very best. You can choose between a shared walking tour or a private guided walking tour. Begin your journey with pickup from your accommodation from your guide. On the drive to the site of the walk, listen to your guide's entertaining tales of the history of Christchurch and learn about the people who live here. Hot drinks will be provided at a local café as you prepare your hiking equipment with your guide, and receive a lunch box and refreshments before the walk commences. On the walk, immerse yourself in the stunning natural surroundings of New Zealand and feel the refreshing wind in your hair. There are plenty of photo opportunities along the way, and the chance to hear more about the history of the area during your walk. Take a pause from the walk to enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch at a picturesque location, here the tour often stops at a little bay which can only be reached by foot or by boat. Marvel at the abundant local bird and marine life in the area while you enjoy your meal. After lunch, join your guide on the walk back to your transportation for a relaxing drive back to your accommodation in Christchurch.
IncludesReturn transportation from Christchurch or Lyttelton Walking sticks, day bag, and complimentary water bottle Light morning refreshments and coffee/tea Gourmet picnic lunch Small group or private group tour Available as a shore excursion from Lyttelton
- You will need comfortable walking shoes, a sun hat, sunblock, a water bottle, and a jacket
- The local partner will be in contact with you via email the day before your walk with a weather report and any specifics for the day. Please ensure you provide up-to-date contact information.
- The total trip duration is approximately 6 hours from hotel pick up to drop off. During this time you can expect 3-4 hours of walking time, and to cover a distance of approximately 8 kilometers on foot
- There are four different walks available, your guide will choose the best walk for the day depending on the weather and track conditions