My Guide Website?
Christchurch: Vintage Tram, Punt and Gondola Ride Combo79 Reviews
Experience Christchurch by land and water with a combo ticket to the hop-on hop-off vintage tram, a punt along the River Avon in a flat-bottom boat, and a ride on the Christchurch Gondola cable car.
- Explore the sights of Christchurch by vintage tram
- Hop off at highlights such as the Canterbury Museum and Botanic Gardens
- Get 360-degree views of Christchurch from a gondola
- Ride the cable car to the top of Port Hills for a hike in the alpine scenery
- Climb aboard an Edwardian flat-bottomed boat for a punt down the River Avon
- Travel through beautiful Hagley Park or the city center
DescriptionExperience Christchurch from different perspectives with a combined city tour by vintage tram, punt along the River Avon and cable car ride aboard the Christchurch Gondola. Climb aboard a classic, flat-bottomed boat for a delightful punt along the River Avon. Venture through the city center propelled by a boatman dressed in Edwardian costume. Set off from Worcester Street Bridge. Listen to the live commentary about how the city was rebuilt after the 2010 and 2011 earthquakes and remains fast-growing. See the beautiful alpine scenery surrounding Christchurch and its suburbs on board the Christchurch Gondola cable car. Explore the history of the region in the unique Time Tunnel experience, and pause for refreshments at the Red Rock Café. Marvel at the Southern Alps and Kaikoura Mountains, and get 360-degree views of the plains, mountains, city, and harbor from the glass-enclosed cabin. Once at the summit, browse the 'Shop at the Top' or hike one of the many walking trails, such as the trek to volcanic-formed Crater Rim. Journey by vintage tram and see the “Garden City” at your own pace with a full-day hop-on and hop-off ticket. Explore the regenerated city center to see innovative architecture, such as a shopping complex made out of shipping containers. Listen to a fascinating commentary from your driver as you take a full circuit in just 50 minutes, or jump on and off at leisure at 17 strategic stops. Discover the vast urban space of Hagley Park, explore the boutique stores of New Regent Street and much more!
IncludesFull-day ticket for the vintage tram On board commentary Ticket for the Christchurch Gondola and Time Tunnel Punt with a guide Blankets (if required)
- Please note that you should be prepared to share a punt with other guests, especially in the summer months
- Please bring a warm coat for the Christchurch Gondola. It is 500 meters above sea level and can be cold and windy at the summit
- A shuttle bus is available between Christchurch city center and the Christchurch Gondola for an additional fee
- Trams run every 15 minutes from 09:00 to 18:00 in the summer (October - April) and from 10:00 to 17:00 in the winter (May - September)