My Guide Website?
Arthur's Pass: TranzAlpine Train and Castle Hill Day Tour
Arthur's Pass: TranzAlpine Train and Castle Hill Day Tour Make Enquiry
- Embark on the incredible train journey from Christchurch to Arthur's Pass
- Enjoy a walk with crisp alpine air, unforgettable mountain vistas, and waterfalls
- Encounter chatty alpine parrots at Otira Viaduct lookout
- Capture mirror images at Lake Pearson
- Admire the majestic limestone boulders at Castle Hill
DescriptionExperience the South Island's remarkable natural landscapes by taking a journey on a train from Christchurch to Arthur's Pass, which is considered one of the world's greatest train journeys for the scenery it passes. Enjoy breathtaking views of Canterbury Plains, Southern Alps, ice-fed Waimakariri River, lush beech forests, and stunning landscapes. Explore walking tracks in Arthur's Pass National Park with spectacular mountain views & pristine waterfalls. Capture mirror images at Lake Pearson & wander through the majestic limestone boulders at Castle Hill. A perfect day trip for nature lovers, hikers, and adventure seekers.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from selected hotels Transportation by air-conditioned minivan or minibus Fully guided tour except for walks TranzAlpine Train tickets Bottled water
- This is a small group day tour
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Fully guided tour except the walks in the National Park & Castle Hill.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Some walking is involved so wear comfortable walking shoes
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Lunch is not included