Best Restaurants in Christchurch
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Christchurch team
Known for their diverse cuisine, Christchurch restaurants like to celebrate their local produce. From succulent lamb and fresh fish, to juicy fruit and veg, you'll find dishes to die for, both in the city and out across Canterbury.
The long stretching Riccarton Road is packed full of cafes and restaurants with plenty of casual dining options. For a bite to eat by the sea, the beach resort of Sumner is well worth a visit. Outside Christchurch, Kaikoura is one of the best places to grab some prime seafood dishes, as is Akaroa in the Banks Peninsula. On the Canterbury Plains, Rangiora makes the most of local lamb and beef, and the towns to the south of Christchurch (Geraldine, Timaru) can be quite Mediterranean in the way they love to use home-grown fruit and veg.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Christchurch:If youʻre booking your trip to Christchurch last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Christchurch: Tram, Punt and Gondola Ride Combo Ticket
- Christchurch: Guided Cave Stream and Castle Hill Tour
- Christchurch Gondola and Tram City Tour Combo
- Arthur's Pass: TranzAlpine Train and Castle Hill Day Tour
- Mount Cook & Lake Tekapo Day Tour from Christchurch