My Guide Website?
Christchurch: Tram, Punt and Gondola Ride Combo Ticket184 Reviews
Experience Christchurch by land and water with a combo ticket to the hop-on hop-off vintage tram, a Punt along the Avon River in a flat-bottom boat, and a ride on the Christchurch Gondola cable car.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Christchurch:If youʻre booking your trip to Christchurch last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the sights of Christchurch by vintage tram
- Hop off at highlights such as Riverside Market and the Botanic Gardens
- Get 360-degree views of Christchurch from the gondola
- Ride the cable car to the top of Port Hills for a hike in the alpine scenery
- Climb aboard an Edwardian flat-bottomed boat for a punt down the River Avon
DescriptionExperience Christchurch from different perspectives with a combined city tour by vintage Tram, Punt along the Avon River, and cable car ride aboard the Christchurch Gondola. Climb aboard a classic, flat-bottomed boat for a delightful 30-minute Punt ride along the Avon River. Before your tour, reserve a timeslot prior to arrival to venture through the city center propelled by a boatman dressed in Edwardian costume. See the beautiful alpine scenery surrounding Christchurch and its suburbs on board the Christchurch Gondola cable car. Explore the history of the region in the unique Discovery ride experience, and pause for refreshments at the Red Rock Café. Marvel at the Southern Alps and Kaikoura Mountains, and get 360-degree views of the plains, mountains, city, and harbor from the glass-enclosed cabin. Once at the summit, browse the 'Shop at the Top' or hike one of the many walking trails, such as the trek to volcanic-formed Crater Rim. Please note the Christchurch Gondola is located 15 minutes from the city centre and a 10 minute drive from Lyttelton port. Journey by vintage tram and see the “Garden City” at your own pace with a full-day hop-on and hop-off ticket. Explore the regenerated city center to see innovative architecture. Listen to a fascinating commentary from your driver as you take a full circuit in just 50 minutes, or jump on and off at leisure at 18 strategic stops. Discover the vast urban space of Hagley Park, explore the boutique stores of New Regent Street and much more!
IncludesAll-day hop-on hop-off tram ticket Onboard commentary Christchurch Gondola ticket and access to the Discovery Ride, cafe, and gift shop 30-minute guided Punt ride Blankets and umbrellas (if required)
- You must reserve a Punting timeslot prior to arrival by emailing the activity provider. The punt ride will be shared with other guests unless a private Punt is organized in advance
- Please bring a warm coat for the Christchurch Gondola. It is 500 meters above sea level and can be cold and windy at the summit
- The Gondola is located 15 minutes from the city center and a 10-minute drive from Port Lyttelton. Public bus #28 is available for transport to and from the Gondola from the central city bus interchange on the corner of Litchfield and Colombo Street
- Trams run every 15 minutes from 9 AM-6 PM in the summer (October-April) and from 10 AM-4 PM in the winter (May-September)
- You can board the tram from any of the 18 stops
- All attractions do not need to be used on the same day
- You can collect your tickets from any of the attractions on arrival with your reference number