My Guide Website?
Christchurch: Gondola Ride137 Reviews
Enjoy spectacular views of snow-capped mountains and Alpine scenery aboard the Christchurch Gondola with a roundtrip ticket. Walk the trails at the summit and enjoy refreshments in the Red Rock Café.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Christchurch:If youʻre booking your trip to Christchurch last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy 360-degree views of Christchurch from a glass gondola
- Ride to the top of Port Hills for breathtaking views of Alpine mountains
- Go to the Red Rock Café to experience authentic Kiwi flavors
- Hike to the Crater Rim at the summit of Port Hills
DescriptionTake a ride on the Christchurch Gondola to see the beautiful Alpine scenery surrounding Christchurch city and suburbs. The gondola ride is 10-minutes each way at normal speed and each cable car stops to allow you to board and disembark safely. Marvel at the Southern Alps to the west, and the Kaikoura Mountains to the north. To the south lies the beautiful harbor of Christchurch, and to the east is the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy 360-degree views of the plains, mountains, city, and harbor from the glass-enclosed gondola. At the summit, you can browse the souvenir shop or visit the cafe. Experience authentic Kiwi flavors as you take in the spectacular views. If you are feeling more energetic, explore one of the many walking trails like the hike to the Crater Rim. Enjoy the Discover ride experience to learn about the development of the Canterbury region. The automated ride is a definite highlight with children and adults alike!
IncludesRound-trip Gondola ride Access to the Discovery ride, Gift shop, and Cafe at the summit
- Dress warmly on the day and bring a windproof jacket so you can fully enjoy the outdoor viewing galleries
- Arrive anytime between the opening hours of 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Public bus #28 is available for transport between the Gondola and the city center. You can purchase a round-trip bus ticket directly from the driver on the day