My Guide Website?
Christchurch: Orana Wildlife Park Admission21 Reviews
Enjoy amazing animal encounters at Orana Wildlife Park, New Zealand's only open-range zoo. Hand-feed giraffe, meet rhino up close, see New Zealand's only gorillas, observe kiwi, and much more.
- Hand feed giraffe and have tons of other memorable wildlife encounters
- Observe kiwi, stroll into walk-through aviaries, and meet unique native reptiles
- Meet New Zealand's only gorilla group
- Watch scheduled daily presentations and interact with wildlife guides
DescriptionExperience the ultimate animal adventure at Orana Wildlife Park. Set in 80 hectares, within 15 minutes drive of Christchurch airport, Orana is New Zealand’s only open-range zoo. Discover over 400 animals, representing more than 70 species. Arrive at the park from 10 AM in the morning. Regular animal feed presentations occur daily, commencing at 10:45 AM, and are accompanied by a presentation from a wildlife guide. It is recommended to arrive at the park early and follow the presentation schedule which will lead you around the entire zoo. As you explore the grounds, enjoy a range of amazing wildlife experiences including hand-feeding the giraffes and meeting rhino up close. Stroll through the aviaries to observe kiwi, and other stunning native birds including kakariki, whio, tui, and mischievous kea. See a range of native reptiles and meet friendly domestic animals in the Farmyard area. Also, enjoy the antics of gorillas, tigers, cheetah, Tasmanian devils, monkeys, meerkats, and more. Either ride through the park on the complimentary Safari Shuttle, join a guided walkabout tour, and/or meander around the park at your own leisure. The park contains a children’s adventure playground, 2 large picnic areas, a café, and a wildlife-themed gift shop for you to explore at your own pace.
- Orana is open from 10 AM - 5 PM; the last admission is 4 PM; it is highly recommended visitors arrive in the morning and follow the presentation schedule