My Guide Website?
Christchurch Tram City Tour & Punting Combo39 Reviews
See the sights of Garden City at your own pace with a full-day ticket for the Christchurch Tram. Climb aboard an Edwardian Punt and take a 30-minute guided ride along the Avon River.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Christchurch:If youʻre booking your trip to Christchurch last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See how Christchurch has developed since the earthquakes of 2010 and 2011
- Jump off the tram at sights such as the Canterbury Museum and Botanic Garden
- Climb aboard an Edwardian flat-bottomed boat for a punt down the River Avon
- Float through the city centre on your punt ride to see the rejuvenated Avon River Precinct
DescriptionClimb aboard a classic flat-bottomed boat for a delightful punt along the River Avon in Christchurch (please remember to reserve a timeslot by emailing email@example.com)A punter dressed in Edwardian costume will guide you down the river, providing a live commentary along the way. Take off from the Antigua Boat Sheds to journey through Hagley Park. Punt alongside the Botanic Gardens, and admire some of the native flora of New Zealand. Blankets and hot water bottles are provided on cold days, so don't let the weather put you off! Climb aboard a vintage tram for a unique tour of Christchurch, and see the “Garden City” at your own pace with a full-day hop-on and hop-off tram ticket. Travel through the regenerated city center to see innovative architecture, see how the city center has been rebuilt after the devastating earthquakes of 2010 and 2011. Listen to a fascinating commentary from your driver as you take a full circuit in just 50 minutes, or jump on and off at leisure at 18 stops. The tram currently starts at Cathedral Junction which is Stop 1 and travels through Cathedral Square, before passing the River Avon. Jump off at Oxford Terrace and Riverside Market, or Canterbury Museum, just a short stroll from the Botanic Garden and Arts Center. Discover the city’s largest urban space at Hagley Park, or explore the boutique stores of New Regent Street, New Zealand’s “Most Beautiful Street.”
IncludesFull-day hop-on-and-off ticket for the Christchurch Tram Live commentary onboard the tram Punter and live commentary Blankets and hot water bottles (if required)
- After purchasing your tickets, please contact the activity provider and reserve a time slot for punting Please notify the activity provider at least 24 hours in advance of any cancellation. A 25% cancellation fee will be charged if you fail to notify them. No refund will be issued if no notification of cancellation is received within 4 hours of the departure time, or in the event of a no-show Trams run every 15 minutes from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM in summer (October-April) and from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM in winter (May-September)