My Guide Website?
Mount Cook & Lake Tekapo Day Tour from Christchurch182 Reviews
Enjoy a small-group day tour to Aoraki Mount Cook. Visit the picturesque Church of Good Shepherd on the shores of the stunning turquoise Lake Tekapo, and enjoy a scenic walk to see the Tasman Glacier.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Christchurch:If youʻre booking your trip to Christchurch last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a day trip from Christchurch to Mount Cook National Park
- Take a hike to Discover New Zealand's longest glacier & Icebergs.
- Visit the stunning Lake Tekapo and discover the famous Church of Good Shepherd
- Admire Lake Pukaki, the largest lake in Mackenzie region, and its alpine scenery
DescriptionExperience dramatic glacier lakes, snow-capped mountains, and beautiful alpine walks on a small-group day trip from Christchurch. After pick-up from your hotel, journey to Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park, located a 4 hours' drive through spectacular and breathtaking landscapes. Visit the historic town of Geraldine. Then discover the heart of Mackenzie Country, the captivatingly turquoise Lake Tekapo, the iconic Church of Good Shepherd, and the well-recognized statue of Sheepdog. Travel through Lake Pukaki and admire stunning views of Mt. Cook from a distance. Enjoy a short scenic hike in the National Park to view the 23.5kms long Tasman Glacier which is the longest glacier in New Zealand before returning to Christchurch.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from selected Central Christchurch Hotels Transport by air-conditioned late-model Minibus Small-group tour Bottle Water Geraldine (30min) Lake Tekapo & Church of Good Shepherd (30min) Lake Pukaki (15min) Lunch Break / Mt Cook National Park (45min) Pay own account Blue Lake & Tasman Glacier Walk (90 min) Fully guided tour except the walks in Mount Cook National Park.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately Fully guided tour except the walks in Mount Cook National Park. A small amount of walking is involved Note that the pick-up time may be earlier than the tour start time You will have approximately 2.5 hours of free time in Mount Cook to savor lunch and enjoy a scenic walk in the national park