Joseph Parker’s quest to return to the top of the world heavyweight boxing rankings will begin at Christchurch’s Horncastle Arena on Saturday, December 15, his first fight on New Zealand soil in 18 months.
The former WBO world heavyweight champion faces the formidable American, Alexander 'The Great' Flores who has an exceptional record of 17-1-1, his only loss to Former IBF heavyweight champion Charles Martin, a fight he took on only two weeks' notice.
With an 80% knockout rate, the American is seizing the opportunity to end Parkers career and make his way to the big time – for Parker this is a MUST WIN to stay in the mix!
The action packed card features an impressive line-up of local and international professional fighters:
- Undefeated heavyweight Junior Fa (15-0) – Parker’s former amatuer rival, ranked #10 WBO, will square off against the imposing, Argentinean southpaw Rogelio Omar Rossi.
- Canterbury star Bowyn Morgan - Current IBO Asia Pacific super welterweight champion
- The inspirational David ‘Brown Buttabean’ Letele - Returns to the ring to bring attention to his health and wellbeing cause.
- New Zealand Cruiserweight showdown - David Light (NZ #1) - Former Commonwealth silver medalist, takes on “Buster” Lance Bryant (NZ #2).
- Megan McLennan faces current NZ Muay Thai champion Michaela Jenkins in a five-round professional contest for the PRO Box NZ Woman's Welterweight Championship.
Guests will be treated to a night of explosive professional boxing action and the opportunity to see Joseph Parker in the flesh.
My Guide website?