My Guide Website?
Christchurch: Packhorse Hut Guided Walk and Scenic Drive1 Reviews
A guided walking tour and scenic drive to Packhorse Hut From Christchurch. This small-group tour includes a local guide, lunch, and transportation.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Christchurch:If youʻre booking your trip to Christchurch last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the most scenic track on the Banks Peninsula and Lyttleton Harbour
- Marvel at the panoramic views from the famous 'Sign of the Kiwi' and 'sign of the Bell bird' historic stone hut
- Enjoy lunch with your local guide at Packhorse Hut, overlooking Lyttleton Harbour
- Take a scenic drive over the Port Hills
DescriptionDeparting Christchurch City, this tour follows the story of Harry Al and his grand vision to create a splendid walking tour from Christchurch to Akaroa in the early 1900s. Although Harry died before the track could be completed, the section from Christchurch to Packhorse Hut captures the stunning scenery and dramatic landscape of Banks Peninsula and Lyttleton Harbour. After being collected from town, your tour travels up through the affluent suburbs of Cashmere. A short stop at 'the Sign of the Tahakhe' is an excellent place to snap a picture overlooking Christchurch, before you drive up to the second stop at the Sign of the Kiwi. Following the Sign of the Kiwi its a short drive along Summit Road to the Sign of the Bellbird, where your guide will provide morning tea. After morning tea your tour continues along the summit for another 15 minites before reaching Gebbies Pass. An 11-kilometer hike will then comprise your return journey, during which you will stop at Packhorse Hut for lunch. After completing the walk the return journey follows the coastal road around Lyttleton Harbour, passing through the small settlement of Gavernors Bay before heading up over the port hills and back to Christchurch.
IncludesHotel pickup (if option chosen) Local guide Transportation Lunch, tea, and coffee
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- If this tour is unable to run because of bad weather, you will be given the option to either: swap your booking and do one of the other tours that depart Christchurch daily, choose another day to complete your tour, or receive a full refund