My Guide Website?
Waimakariri Sailing Club
The family friendly club has been situated on the banks of the beautiful Waimakariri River for over 90 years and in that time, it has grown from strength to strength.
Come on down and learn how to Sail! You'll be glad you did !
If you are competitive and want to get out racing then we have regular sailing days throughout the summer and when the weather allows over winter.
The club runs a popular ongoing learn to sail program for kids, adults and families. They use the numerous boats that the club owns, to sail on as a group in our trailer sailers or in one and two person boats.
- Just a few minutes from Kaiapoi and Rangiora and only 20 minutes from Christchurch.
- Plenty of room for parking your boat and trailer and getting the spars up.
- Excellent changing facilities: Never again will you put off that shower until you get home.
- Plenty of water under the boat: No problems for centreboarders within 2-3 hours either side of high tide.
- Well organised racing: Trained race officers, pre-race briefings, varied courses and computerised race results.
Best For Whom
- Families With Teenagers
- Families With Children
- All Ages